Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Follow Up about the Cat Entries

I commented earlier that I had never seen Dodo in a fight, which is true. However, soon after Dodo moved in, my dad saw Dodo fight another cat. The other cat was white, and if this is the cat I’m thinking about, this cat could very well be Dodo’s relative. I’ve seen this cat a couple of times, and he looks a lot like Dodo. He has the same color and build as Dodo as well as having the brown rings on the tail. But the other cat’s hair color on its tail is a little darker than Dodo’s. One night when I let Dodo out, I glanced up and saw what I thought was Dodo sitting on the edge of the pool. At first I wondered how Dodo got over there so quickly. I was a little disoriented, and looked on the side porch and saw that Dodo was still there. When that cat saw Dodo, he dashed off into the night.

After the fight my dad saw, Dodo came back without a scratch on him. At the fight scene, there was hair all over the patio deck; so much so that I thought the cushioning was had come out of the lounge chairs. Once I found out that Dodo’s opponent had white hair, I realized it was the opponent’s hair, and it was that cat that got the short end of the stick. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of the cats who had scratched Dodo’s face just before Dodo arrived here, but now that Dodo found his home he was going to defend it at all costs.

One other comment I forgot to include in a previous blog entry was about the Dodo’s vet trip. We had actually scheduled for Dodo to go to the vet a week earlier. As noted before, Dodo spent quite a bit of time outside, more so than he does now. I was living in my condo at the time, and asked my mom to do me a favor and call Dodo into the house a few hours before the appointment and keep him there so I wouldn’t have to play hide-n-seek with him. My mom didn’t do that. I arrived at my mom’s house and looked for Dodo. He was nowhere to be found. I called him repeatedly. I looked around the house, literally, and went to the wooded area in the back too and called his name. No Dodo. After 15 minutes, I gave up and called the vet. I’m not going to elaborate how embarrassing it was to explain to the receptionist that I had to cancel the visit because I couldn’t find the cat. The receptionist laughed, and the appointment was rescheduled for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment