Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Taco Maker
pt. II



I went to the Zippy Lube to get an oil change and have my headlights replaced. I noticed on Monday evening that my driver's side light was out. I hadn't had my oil changed in a while (January, I found out later), so I took the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. I don't mind going to Zipply Lube. Their name suits them well. They inspect cars, change oil and make minor repairs in a quick fashion. This is in contrast to going to Jiffy Lube where sitting in their waiting room is about as speedy and fun as sitting in the Wake Med emergency room at the height of flu season. Besides, this Zippy Lube has an old school quarter operated arcade machine with Galaga (my favorite), Donkey Kong, Junior Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man and Frogger.

While I was waiting, I thought I'd get some lunch over at the Taco Maker. I hadn't been there in a while and had some time to kill. They looked about the same, but in addition to their giant menu in bright colors was a gerry rigged little menu to the right. It was en espanol. Most of the stuff was tacos on the 'little menu.' I ordered the chicken tacos and waited. The gave me a number and when the food was ready, brought my order out to me.

The tacos looked like the ones I used to get off the taco truck. I liked it. The only difference was that the stuff the taco truck would put on for you was in a buffet that you could put on yourself. It actually tasted good. It wasn't like that Taco Bell imitation crap on the regular menu.

I may have to go back there again. I have a hankering for some tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment