Monday, November 29, 2010

Random Thought:

Star Wars and Plastic Surgeons


Yesterday afternoon, I was studying most of the time. In the background, I had the TV on Spike TV, which was airing the Star Wars Trilogy. There was one scene where Luke took off Darth Vader's helmet to reveal a hideously transmogrified face. I'm talking grotesque.




Then I started thinking about how advanced technology was in that setting. There were gravity defying levitating autos. There were space ships so huge and complicated that they practically had their own gravitational field. There was also sources of energy tapped into that physicists and engineers can only dream about.



This led me to think. Why didn't medical technology catch up with that culture and give Darth Vader a new face?

No comments:

Post a Comment