Friday, February 18, 2011

A Cautionary Tale for Bloggers

Natalie Munroe

A teacher, Natalie Munroe, in the Philly area got busted for scathing comments on her blog about her students. She has been placed on administrative leave with pay and may possibly lose her job.




Here are some of the things she said about them:

  • Frightfully dim
  • rat-like
  • Am concerned your kid is going to open fire on the school
  • I hate your kid
  • Seems smarter than she actually is



I don't know exactly how she got busted. I didn't view her blog. I am curious if she tried to remain anonymous or if she didn't give a crap, threw caution to the wind and let it all hang out.



I've tried to remain somewhat anonymous on this blog. There are people in the real world who I know and I have sent this blog address to. There are virtual friends who know me, my name and about my blog. But for someone reads this blog and who has never met me, they would have to do some cyberstalking to find out where I live and what my name is.



I've tried not to use real names in this blog. I have not commented about my professor's personalities or quirks. There was one entry where a couple of people could figure out I was talking about them if they read my blog and knew I was the author.

Story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment