Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yoga Sucks


Four years ago, I sprained my left ankle while trail running in Umstead Park. I had sprained this ankle many times before. This would be the last time I would run on the trails again. Consequently, my running hasn't been the same since.




A few weeks into my recuperation, I decided to 'cross-train' and do some yoga. What the hell, I thought. It was ok at first, but it was a poor substitute for running. I hate cross-training. There are no good substitutes for running. It's like comparing jerking-off to the real vagina.



So, a after a couple of weeks of doing yoga, my right ankle started to hurt. Goddamn, this was my good ankle! When I started running again a month later, my right ankle would start to hurt, badly. It especially hurt when I turned or changed directions. My right ankle is no longer my 'good ankle'. My running has never been the same. I gained weight fuck it all. Ironically, my left ankle has never hurt since.



Yoga sucks the big one.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a sucky experience, boo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I hope you don't mind, I used your drawing in one of my posts. I linked back to you.
    So funny! I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete