Saturday, December 31, 2011

Absent Mindedness:
Using Conditioner Instead of Shampoo



I've always been absent minded, especially when I was younger. For example, I've tried to put the car in reverse on a manual drive when I had intended to put the car in 5th gear (I was going over 60 mph). That maneuver caught my attention with the loud and shrill noise the gears made.

This trait subsided quite a bit after I started studying for the LSAT and then started law school. The attention to detail has curbed the absent mindedness in me. However, once in a while, it will rear its ugly head.

In November, I bought a new bottle of Garnier Fructis shampoo, or so I thought. Actually, I had bought a bottle of conditioner. I noticed the difference immediately but didn't identify the cause. My hair would take longer to dry and when it did dry, it would be oily and dull.

After a week of using conditioner every day, I started to get pimples on my head. It was gross as hell. I didn't know what was happening. I would get at least a half a dozen of these things. I'd no sooner pop one then another would pop right back up.

As if that wasn't gross enough, I was starting to get that "Old Man Smell".

It only took me a few weeks to identify the problem. Once I switched back to regular shampoo, my hair returned to its normal look and smell. Most importantly, the pimples are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment