Friday, September 10, 2010

Class Participation




The amount of student participation differs between the three classes of torts, civpro and property. In civpro, people spoke only when spoken to except for the gunners. In property, people tend to be a bit more talkative but in torts people are outright chatty. I suspect we all bring in quite a bit of outside knowledge about torts while in civpro, we bring in next to nothing about that subject.

What worries me about torts is the knowledge we bring in may be distorted, warped and just plain wrong. Honestly, I never knew what assault was until this semester, and I thought assault went hand in hand with battery. They kind of go together, or so I thought, like peanut butter and jelly, ham and eggs, or grits and gravy-- one always went with the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment