Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Unfriendly Skies



Last Sunday, I took the puppies out back to let them play. There was nothing eventful about their playing itself. What did interest me was what I saw after I came back in and my mom pointed out a big hawk in the side yard.

That guy was huge. My mom said he would turn his head and look our way whenever the puppies would squeal, cry or whimper. I have no doubt he was interested in those chubby little babies and would delight in having them as a succulent meal.

I don't know what the upper limit is for a hawk's prey, but I've heard they can eat chihuahuas. I heard that  a hawk at a chihuahua even though there were people nearby. By the time the owners could shoo away the bird, it had ripped open the dog's belly and pulled out its intestines. The dog died before they could get to the vet.                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment