Thursday, June 7, 2012

Archie's First Visit to the After Hours Vet




Archie's left front leg is hurt and he is limping. I think Archie will be the problem child as far as health is concerned. He has been limping for a week and a half. The limp became noticeably worse two days ago. I think Archie injured it in an extended session of play during the weekend my brother was here. While Dixie swam up and down the pool, Archie ran quickly from one end to the other. By the end of that weekend, Archie  developed a noticeable limp.

I had planned on taking him to our regular vet later this week but Tuesday night Archie was in excruciating pain.  Archie was crying when I came in the door after working out. Normally, Archie greets me at the door. However, he was in so much pain that he couldn't get up. His front left leg was contorted from the pain.

I took him to the after hours vet to get Archie some pain medicine. He got a shot of some morphine-type compound. Archie was much better by the time I got him back home around midnight. Thankfully, we got in and out of the vet quickly since no one else was there.

I recognized the vet but didn't remember her name. Before I left, she asked how my cat was doing. She thought Dodo was a gorgeous cat, which he is. I told her that Dodo was doing well, thanked her, checked out at the reception desk and went home.

On Wednesday, I took Archie to our regular vet to have x-rays. Our vet said there were no visible fractures. Archie probably has a bruised bone. He is going to need a lot of rest.

Archie and Dixie are going to be frustrated as hell for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment