Saturday, March 26, 2011

Does This Mean the End of the T-Mobile Hot Chick?
or
Big Fish Eat Little Fish


I hate to sound all pinko-commie and everything, but I hope this AT&T takeover of T-Mobile falls through. The number of cell phone providers is rapidly shrinking. It will be hard to convince me this will be good for customers. I've rarely seen or heard of a monopoly/oligopoly that had the consumers' best interests at heart.




I especially don't like AT&T. I remember the good ol' days when they tightly controlled the phone industry. Service was poor and expensive. The bastards nickel-and-dimed us to death.



Lastly, I don't like AT&T cell phone service. I used someone's cell phone one day who had AT&T service. Talking on that phone was like talking on a walkie-talkie. It sucked.



Why do I care? I used to have SunCom, but they were gobbled up by T-Mobile. Now T-Mobile is about to be swallowed by AT&T. I won't have many places to run to if AT&T takes over T-Mobile.



I bet there will be some awkward moments when the T-Mobile guys meet the AT&T guys after the way T-Mobile has portrayed AT&T as a completely, clueless, obtuse oaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment