Tuesday, March 8, 2011

That Was Painful

Pullen Park Pool

Yesterday, I went lap swimming for the first time since 2008. Believe me, it was not a pretty site. I suck at swimming almost as much as I suck at running now. At least with running, I have an excuse because of my compartment syndrome. I took things nice and slow. I did 1500 yards in about 40 minutes. All I did was freestyle. I swam some and used the pull buoys. I also did some kicks with flippers.




The last time I swam laps, I was a little too aggressive. I shouldn't have swam butterfly. My shoulder paid the price for it. This is the same shoulder I pulled out of socket during a race when I was 16. That damn thing hasn't been the same ever since.



Twenty years ago when I was swimming in this very pool, I never thought I'd a) be this out of shape and b) be a law student. Who knows what the next 20 years have in store for me.



I wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow, you know the whole DOMS, things. Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. I feel OK right now but I am a little tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment