Monday, May 9, 2011

The Babies See the Condo for the First Time


A few hours after the closing, I was excited to see how the babies would like the place. I loaded them in the car by asking “Do you want to go bye-bye?” They whipped themselves into a frenzy, took their places in my car and rode with me downtown.


When we got there, they almost instinctively knew what direction to go when they got inside the building. It may not really have been instinctual. They may have been able to track down my old trail from my scent left behind. As I got the keys out, they grew anxious. I took them off their leashes, flung the door open and let them run free inside. They hustled their way down the hall and into the living room. They quickly came back to me. When they say the stairs, they climbed up them. Abby climbed. Andy bounded up them like an antelope. He was so strong, energetic and graceful then.

In the loft, there is a balcony. The babies immediately peaked over it to get a view at things below. They seemed excited and loved the place. This would be Abby’s second home for almost three years. Andy would live there 8 years, as long as I did there.

No comments:

Post a Comment