Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A "Where Were You Moment"


People can recall with clarity and precision where they were when they heard news about some events like when Kennedy was shot or when the 9/11 attacks occured. I wasn't born when Kennedy was shot but I can recall the day's events when 9/11 happened. I was at work and remember thinking what a nice day it was. The humidity was low, the skies clear blue and the temperature mild. Things went downhill from there. I was only 30 or so miles from the World Trade Center Attacks.

When people ask me where I was at when I heard about Osama Bin Laden's death, sadly, I have to say I was watching Bravo TV. The Real Housewives of OC had ended when Andy Cohen was about to start "See What's Happening Live". He had shit eating grin on his face and asked if we heard the news that UBL had been killed.

I thought he was joking, so I switched over to CNN. Sure enough, it was no joke. So now, I have to live with the fact that I was watching RHW of OC when I heard about UBL's death.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong with that!

    I was cleaning up after dinner. How boring.

    ReplyDelete