Thursday, May 17, 2012

Possible Problems Pending


Mark, I Love You (1980)

TV Movie  -  100 min  -  Drama
6.3
Your rating:
  -/10 
Ratings: 6.3/10 from 17 users
Reviews: 2 user
Kevin Dobson plays Hal Painter, a distraught widower caught in a bitter custody battle with his late wife's parents over his 10-year-old son, following his plans to remarry and move off to California with the boy.

An American woman, trapped in Islamic Iran by her brutish husband, must find a way to escape with her daughter as well.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Does anyone notice a common thread in the movies above? If you said "custody battles" then congratulations because you were right.

My mom has become attached to Dixie, my brother's dog. She agreed to take care of Dixie while she recovered from being spayed. My mom worried about Dixie being alone in my brother's condo all day while he was out working. It's not an irrational fear because Abby had complications after her procedure when an infection developed around her staples. Further, the vets said Dixie had indeed been chewing at her stitches after she got out of surgery. Having someone around all day who could look after Dixie was a safe and cautious choice. So Dixie is here in Raleigh.

Here is the problem: my mom is starting to fall in love with Dixie. She laments over Dixie having to go back to Atlanta and spend all day alone in my brother's condo. It breaks my mom's heart.

To make things worse, my brother really loves Archie. He's a sweet dog--very loving. I think if he had a bigger place he'd campaign to keep Archie.

The longer Dixie stays here, the harder it will be to separate Dixie from my mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment