Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Jig Is Up



It's time to go back to school. Our semester starts tomorrow and I have some reading to do before class starts. In addition to my 'core courses', I am taking an elective, Intellectual Property. I hope the additional class doesn't break my back.




In the meantime, I’m going to be sad. I'll miss Raleigh and my babies. Andy is too old to live in an apartment. Going up and down the steps would be brutal on his arthritis. Even if I were to buy a one story place, Andy needs to go out five or six times a day. Because of his back problems, he has bladder problems. Andy also gets lonely now when he's alone. He'll cry and whine.



I'll miss Dodo, too. He would sleep in the living room with me and Andy. Dodo would climb on my chest after I turned out the lights and lay down. Eventually, Dodo would go to another piece of furniture to sleep out the night.



I worry about both of them. Dodo is FIV positive although he is healthy and strong. I have no idea when the virus will no longer lie dormant and attack his body. Andy is old and arthritic with back problems. Every time I leave Raleigh, I think this could be the last time I see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment