Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To the left, to the left

Everything you own in the box to the left

Yes, this was used a few posts ago.
This isn't about Beyonce's song, Irreplaceable. It came to mind when I was thinking about a quirk of Andy's described below.


I chose the picture above as an example of Andy's habit of walking on the left of me during our walks. Even when Abby wasn't on a walk with us, Andy would still stay to my left. However there were times on our walks when he was interested or distracted by something and would end up to the right of me.




If all Andy did was simply take a few steps to his left to return to his usual position, this entry wouldn't amount to much. There wouldn't have been an entry at all.



No, Andy would go in a clockwise circle around me. He went to my right, then behind me and walked forward to the left of me. I tried to make him take the shortest path to the left, but his OCD forced him to take the long way around the barn. I grew accustomed to this strange behavior and would even accommodate him on his little round-a-bout. I would raise the leash so it wouldn't tangle with Abby's and shift the leash around so the hand closest to him would have control over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment