Friday, July 15, 2011

Abby's Ashes

Abby's Last Photo (about a month before she died)

I got my LSAT score 3 days after Abby died. My first thought was “I’ll be damned. I’m going to law school.” My percentile was quadruple that of my first two practice tests. Those extra 3 weeks of studying made all the difference. I got a decent score and would get into a decent school.


I wasn’t happy but more relieved when I saw the score. I was still sad about Abby. At this point, I was glad I wasn’t working. My grief was palpable. I didn’t want to be around other people. Not having to go to work was a good thing at that point in time.

Later, I asked my mom why my dad didn’t bid Abby farewell. She said he could not. He was too stricken with grief. She said later that day when they were sitting on the couch, he started crying. A lot of people loved Abby. She was such a good girl.

The day after she died, her ashes were ready. I’ve waited to scatter them. I will save some ashes to keep with me but I will scatter some at various places.

No comments:

Post a Comment