Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Casey Anthony: Not Guilty on the Big Counts

She is not guilty of first degree murder, manslaughter or felony child neglect. I can't believe she walked on the child neglect charges. A parent with sole custody of a child losing track of her kid for a month can't be anything but neglectful of the child. I'd hate to think Jeff Ashton's personality got in the way of this verdict.

I once saw an interview of Gerry Spence a while ago. One thing a lawyer should not do, Spence said, is to make the jury hate that lawyer. Spence said there were times he thought he was really sticking it to a witness. He said in one case that he was really making a witness squirm. Spence lost the case. A juror later asked him "Why did you make us hate you so much?"

I am curious to see what the jurors will have to say about the lawyers and their perspective on them.

As for Casey, she did something wrong. What will she do now, I don't know. I don't know how she can live a normal life in Florida. Her safety and life are in jeopardy down there. If she knows whats good for her, she would start a new life and move to Maine or Novia Scotia.

No comments:

Post a Comment