Monday, July 18, 2011

Back to School


I left Andy behind when I went to school. Moving would have been hard on him. He needed to go out often and he hated to be alone. I’d be at school for several hours a day. He would be by himself and would be miserable. If I absolutely had to, I could have rented a small one-story house so Andy could get in and out easy but he would still be alone quite often. My mom provided him with around the clock care and attention. Andy loved her companionship. My mom probably loved Andy more than I did.


I lived far enough away so my mom couldn’t make demands like “Go get my mail for me” without looking crazy. I did live close enough so that I wouldn’t have to book a flight to come home for an emergency but could drive home instead. I knew Andy’s days were drawing near. I came home several times during each semseter. I could visit Andy and get in my studying. Andy was happy to see me. Fortunately for me, he did not pine away at my absence. Out of sight, out of mind.

I hated leaving my Baby Boy behind but I knew he was in good hands with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment