Friday, July 8, 2011

Thanksgiving 2007
The End


We went back home on Saturday. There was no way in hell I was going to travel on I-40 or I-85 on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Things can get quite ugly out there during the holidays. Before leaving town, the family had lunch at my uncle’s old restaurant now owned by another family member. It gave us time to have a few more moments together. We didn’t know when or even if some family members would ever see another again.


After lunch, I went back to my aunt and uncle’s to pick up our belongings and Pandy Please. Our seating arrangement was the same, my dad in front and my mom and Andy in back. The trip was smooth and uneventful. I stopped at a highway rest area near Statesville. Gone were the days my dad only stopped for gas and anything that needed to be taken care of got dealt with then. Older people need to stop more often. I also wanted to let Pandy get out and explore a little.

Andy wasn’t restless or fidgety. He slept most of the way. He even put his head in my mom’s lap for most of the trip back. My mom wished the trip lasted longer. We stopped by my workplace to get my dad’s car. I put their stuff in their car and they headed home. I took Andy to my place. Our vacation was over. 2008 was just around the corner. I heard rumors of a re-org at my company for 2008. It was going to be a rough one.

No comments:

Post a Comment